I know this picture is blurry, but it shows Whit's excitement so well. She was enjoying herself some chucke!!
Whit and Ryan were kind enough to come along for some crowd control along with Grandma Bon and Grandpa Jay. We needed it, too. I have never seen Chuck E Cheeses so busy!! It was out of control and I was on sensory overload for hours after.
I got this idea from a blog, that you crepe paper their door so they have to bust through when they wake up. When Carter woke up he crawled under because he thought I had put it there to keep him in his room so he wouldn't get to his presents.
Carter holding all of his gifts from his party the day before. His buddies brought him some pretty sweet gifts!
Candles in the pancakes.
Have any of you watched the Jimmy Kimmel videos where he asks parents to give their kids really lame gifts for Christmas and tape their reaction? So many of the kids threw these huge fits and I thought, man if my kids ever acted that spoiled I wouldn't give them any real Christmas gifts. Well, guess what happened when my own child opened up his Birthday gifts?!? He liked all of them (Hot Wheels wall track, Hot Wheels cars and another small Hot Wheels track) until we got to the last gift... it was a long sleeve t-shirt from Target. He opened it and immediately got ticked and called it DUMB and STUPID and I can't believe you got me such a lame gift. And then he escalated into tears and threw it and got really mad demanding that we take it back and get him another gift. So the picture above is Matt taking a picture of our spoiled Carter with his presents while giving a major stink eye to the present he tossed to the side. Why do I ever think things like my child has never or would never do that because that means it will ALWAYS happen!!!
Sunday night we all got together to celebrate our December birthdays at Jay and Bonnie's. Carter had a specific look in mind for his cake and I followed it to a T. I think it is safe to say that cake decorating is NOT my thing! He wanted blue frosting with a green alien and only the face filled in with green frosting.
Carter looking all handsome on his 5th birthday.
Grandma Bon and Grandpa Jay got Carter Ninja Legos and we didn't take a picture of it, but sweet Bonnie tried to make another of his crazy requests come true and tried to make him a green alien hat. It was a good try Grandma! :)
Here is a list of 20 questions that I wanted to document for him of the things he likes at 5:
1. What is your favorite color? Green
2. What is your favorite toy? Batman
3. What is your favorite fruit? apple
4. What is your favorite tv show? Phineas and Ferb
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Mac and Cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? My Digger Shirt
7. What is your favorite game? Dragonvale (on Dad’s Ipad)
8. What is your favorite snack? Cheese stick
9. What is your favorite animal? Snake
10. What is your favorite song? Batman Song
11. What is your favorite book? Fisher Price School Book – because it has the Dinosaurs in it
12. Who is your best friend? Grant Sessions
13. What is your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with my friends.
15. What is your favorite drink? Juice - apple
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My animals
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? pancakes
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Rock N Roll star
Carter your Dad and I love you so much and are so grateful you have come into our family!! Happy 5th Birthday!!