Friday, December 14, 2007

First Time on Santa's Lap.

This week at a Mom's Club get together I'm in, Santa dropped by for a visit. Matt and I thought for sure that Carter was not going to cry on Santa's lap. We thought he would be the kid to pull off Santa's beard instead (Carter likes to get his hands on everything). Boy, were we wrong! I don't think Carter even took time to notice there was a beard to pull. This first video is rather short and you will know why once you look at the pictures underneath it.









The picture above definetly deserves the phrase, "A picture worth a thousand words." I am sure after several years of therapy he will recover from this tramatic experience,

Nonetheless, the Santa Escapade ended well seeing as Santa gave Carter a present(a book bought by mom in advance).



Thanks Santa for the memory!

8 comments:

Becky T said...

OK, these are priceless and will be worth many a laugh one day! Poor kid! Isn't it funny how every kid has a different reaction to Santa?! I love these pictures! And happy birthday on Tuesday, carter!!

Alison said...

That is so funny! I am wondering if I am being cheap with not taking him to Santa since Santa hasn't appeared at any xmas party we have been too (not even our ward). I LOVE the pictures!! It's making me re-think the Santa thing. Oh, and Jack's measurements were from the doctor's visit last night. Good thing my dad is a chiropractor (and that I will see him at xmas).

Heitmann Family said...

SO adorable. My kids have all done that around the same age!! Some red guy with lots of facial hair can be scary!! I loved watching him open his present. Very methodical!!

Bella said...

I love the crying. You make me feel like a bad mom, Hannah had all kinds of videos taken of her and Zach and Jake are sort of left out! haha I better start doing it. Carter is so cute, I love that he is still so chubby!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

I love it! Carter is so cute! I loved him unwrapping his present. I made Paulie sit on Santa's lap too, he didn't care for it, but I made him sit long enough for a picture.

Peter and Brittany Merrill said...

Melanie is still terrified of Santa! We still don't have a picture of her sitting on Santa's lap smiling! Cute stage...Carter is so cute...Melanie and I watched all the videos she thought they were cool!
Merry Christmas!

Hillary said...

Poor Santa~ I wonder how many kids really do like him??? Cash had the exact same expression this year.

kdance said...

After a minute or two, Evan wasn't to thrilled with Santa either. Isn't it funny? You'd think these little guys would love a big, plump, jolly guy with a white beard.